I thought I can do more freely without following the fixed design sketch, and I wonder what shapes will be made. The fact that I can’t predict the final outcome was joyful to me. I made various shape of form referencing the spiral structure images in small scale. While doing this I could understand what shape looks good in dealing with different length and layer of straws.
Using straws in design took much time than I expected. But I really enjoyed. After making various form in small scale, I printed the photo of it and did collage with it. And I sketched with these small models. Then I put 2 or 3 models together to make a new shape by bending and lengthening models. I took a picture testing models and compared each shapes. If I find the model that catch my eyes, I glued them. In this way, I completed my final outcome. The one thing that I feel unsatisfaction is I couldn’t do much more testing with this. I had a difficulty in using time and dealing with material. But at least, I satisfied with my final outcome. If I had more time, I want to make it in longer scale to cover the whole arm.